Sunday, July 17, 2011

Friends and Fiji

I have been a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator since 1999 but, with the exception of the first five years, they have been as a hobby demonstrator (more because of circumstance than desire).   On my way to the Stampin’ Up! convention in 2004, I received word that my mom (and best friend) had passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.  My world was shattered.  I had a hard time functioning, much less being a demonstrator.   I could barely think of stamping, scrapping and crafting because it was a passion I shared with Mom, and the memories, while wonderful, were also painful.


Almost exactly 10 months later, while I was still deeply grieving, my husband broke his neck and back in a fall from a roof. The accident completely shattered his C-6 vertebrae and broke three bones in his lower back. The doctors said it was a miracle that he not only is alive, but that he was not paralyzed from the neck down.  They stated the obvious - his Angels were definitely with him that day.  He has lived with constant pain, some of it reducing a big, strong man to tears, and he has endured four surgeries.  Both his C-6 and his C-7 have been completely rebuilt with bone from his hip.  

I work full time and in addition to raising three children, I have had to take on more responsibilities than many wives do because of my husband’s condition.   I am telling you this, not for sympathy, but as an explanation of why my presence on my blog  and as a Demonstrator has been very limited.  BUT THAT’S ABOUT TO CHANGE!!


I just returned from this year’s Stampin’ Up! convention, and I brought back with me a renewed desire and passion for papercrafting and for cultivating new, lasting friendships that have always been the most cherished part of my Stampin’ Up! life.   I had put my creative life and making new friends on hold for over seven years now, but it’s time for to get back in the saddle, and I need your help!

It is such a helpless feeling to watch the person you love most in the world suffer through continual pain. It’s really a helpless feeling because you can’t do anything for him.  When they announced that the incentive trip for 2013 would be in FIJI, I realized that while I can’t do much to relieve his pain, I can create a Dream Experience for him, and maybe for a short time, he can ignore his body and just enjoy living.  In order to earn this trip for him, I must rebuild my Stampin’ Up! business.  I believe returning to one of my greatest passions will also make me a better wife.  You know the old saying, “If Mama ain’t happy, nobody’s happy!”


If you are reading this blog, it’s because you share my passion for Stamps, Scrapping and Paper Crafting.  Have you ever thought of purchasing the amazing Stampin’ Up! product for a discount?  Stampin Up! makes it easy.  Now through July 31st, you can order a Stampin’ Up! Starter kit for only $99!  So, depending on your needs, you can either start an incredible business for only $99 or you can become a hobby demonstrator (think “Discount Club Member”) and get a great discount on the types of products you already use and love.  To make it even sweeter, during this promotion, you will not only receive all the products in the starter kit, but you will receive this AWESOME bonus Christmas Keepsake Boxvalued at $40!  

That’s like getting a whole starter kit, and the ability to purchase wholesale for only $59! To get started, click on this link and Join Now!  Your password is thestampqueen.  Joining the Fun will enable you to get a great discount or build a great business.  Don’t just help me take my husband to Fiji...let’s go to Fiji together! To make the deal even sweeter - the first three people to sign up for a Demonstrator Discount will receive an ADDITIONAL Christmas Keepsake Box FREE!

Not really interested in Fiji or discounts, but love great products?  Feel free to place your order on my website, or contact me directly.  Here is the link to the online catalog.  If you prefer a hard copy, contact me.


I will keep you updated on the “Friends and Fiji” progress monthly, and starting in August, I will upload new projects to my blog at least twice a month.

There is so much more to share with you, but this post is already WAY too long.  Request more information by adding your name to my Newsletter list and let’s be new friends!


Thanks so much and Happy Stamping!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments!