Thursday, May 28, 2009

Photo Album in a Box

So, I am trying to use up retired SU! items and other products that have been sitting around. These box photo albums were quite the rage a couple years ago. I always wanted to make one, but never got around to it. I had an unused Simply Scrappin' kit, which I used exclusively to make the box. (Just so you know, making this box still leaves a ton of product for other projects if you like the Simply Scrappin' kits.)


A little background info on me. I was scrappin' when scrappin' wasn't cool. (Sounds like an old Barbara Mandrell song, doesn't it?) I used to crop, journal and scrap before I had even heard of those terms! My first scrapbook album was made back in the late 70's when I was still in high school. Don't grab your calculator.....I admit to being somewhere in my 40's :0(


Having taught scrapping and crafts for over 10 years, you'd think I would actually have scrapbooks of my kids (my oldest just turned 20!), but alas, not one of them has a completed scrapbook. Working full time, having a "gentleman's farm", traveling a lot and three children just hasn't been condusive to getting scrapbooks done. Besides, I find that I enjoy papercrafting and other things more these days. That's not to say you won't see some traditional scrapping in these posts in the future!


So, a long winded way of posting my photo box, but here it is! I think I'll give it to my Father-in-law for Father's Day. Sorry about the quality of the pics. I need to make a photo box and set up a better area for pics, but until then, they will be pretty cheesy.



Outside of the box and the sides.














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments!